Purchasing Expert - Operations
- 10+ years' experience in industry or consulting environment that includes a progressive career trajectory, outstanding professional achievement and impact
- Bachelor degree required, Master/MBA degree with superior academic achievement preferred
- A strong history of leading sustainable high-impact strategic sourcing approaches
- Exemplary experience designing end-to-end procurement strategies
- Demonstrated track record of assessing and driving transformational improvements with deep expertise in developing, coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels
- Industry expertise in basic materials, chemicals, financial services, healthcare, high-tech, oil & gas, or pharmaceuticals is desired
- Comfortable with extensive travel (greater than 80 percent)
- Collaborative team players, capable of working well with others but also autonomously with little direction
- A strong interest in knowledge development, i.e., contributing to articles, experiential learning and a passion for capability building
- Able to grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in one of our North American offices as part of our Operations practice and our Purchasing and Supply Management group.
Purchasing and Supply Management is a rapidly growing service line that helps organizations build competitive advantage through the development of world-class purchasing and supply management capabilities. Sustainable impact is our focus and how we measure our success. We design strategic sourcing approaches to provide immediate impact but also believe that to ensure sustainability, a formal performance transformation program—that includes organizational and cultural changes—must be implemented.
What You'll Do
You will play a key part in driving process improvement, delivering successful business results, and developing broad based strategies for a diverse set of clients.
You will be both a thought leader and skilled practitioner, focused on helping our clients transform their purchasing and supply management organizations while simultaneously solving operational issues across the business enterprise. Often, this involves fundamentally changing the corporate organization and culture to embrace lasting change. McKinsey's teams work alongside our clients' senior management and top talent in aggressively pursuing operational improvement.
You are likely to define new organizational structures, roles and processes across global supply chain/supply management organizations by upgrading line and staff skills, changing the structure of reporting relationships, developing improved processes and procedures, and/or instituting a rigorous target-setting and performance-monitoring systems. You'll work with the client to realize immediate savings by building and executing sourcing a strategy for each major spending category and you'll rationalize operational assets and networks to optimize levels of effectiveness and efficiencies.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top