Purchasing Cluster Lead - Optimize
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of business experience; Purchasing or Sourcing background a plus
- Resourceful, self-motivated, with a desire to succeed
- Comfortable operating within global team
- Capable of adapting to ambiguous situations
- Ability to analyze complex data sets and present results in a succinct manner
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Fluent in English (written and verbal); fluency in a second language preferred
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in our Chengdu office as a member of the Purchasing team within Optimize.
Optimize is a function that delivers distinctive, positive and productive experiences through various services ranging from travel, events, real estate, sourcing, technology and purchasing. This group responsible for managing the company's expenditures and putting emphasis on enhancing the client experience, achieving operational excellence, and providing total value to the entire firm.
What You'll Do
You will lead a team that facilitates purchases and processes invoices related to real estate as well as office and/or professional services.
In this role, you will continuously identify process improvement opportunities. You will partner with the team supervisor to establish key team and individual performance indicators by which you'll measure the team's work and focus on team development. You will effectively manage the overall workload by delegating tasks and ensuring the team meets defined key performance indicators (KPI's).
You will have the opportunity to utilize creative problem solving skills to identify disparities in the Purchasing processes. You will become a subject matter expert, collaborating with local office leaders and influencing policy adherence. Additionally, you will reinforce the team vision and direction as delivered by the Purchasing Manager and you will act as the key point of contact for the Optimize team.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top