Proposal Specialist - International Development
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience, including 3 in proposal management and/or program management at a major implementing partner firm; Preference for experience at a firm that implements USAID programs
- Strong proposal delivery knowledge, including how procurement decisions are made, and how a consultancy like McKinsey can maximize its chance of winning
- Understanding of the US-based international development clients (such as USAID, MCC, State Department)
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas: agriculture, economic development, sustainability, public health, trade and investment, education and finance.
- Ability to negotiate with potential partners and clients effectively and independently
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
Who You'll Work WithYou will join our Washington, D.C. office and will be a part of the Public and Social Sector Practice (PSSP).
What You'll Do
You will work to expand our firm's impact within the Public Sector by playing a key role in generating new engagements in international development.
You will primarily focus on proposal delivery and capture management process such as early lead-generation and partnership discussions to position the firm well for the proposal delivery, while supporting the execution of programs and IDIQs where needed. You will conduct pre-proposal research, identify partners with whom McKinsey can team up with for emerging procurements, prepare qualifications and corporate capability materials, and support the negotiation of McKinsey's role to finalize teaming agreements.
You will be responsible for creating workplans, calendars, and aligning resources to lead teams to develop high quality and on time proposal responses. You will also write select elements of proposals, such as the past performance references, CVs, and management sections. You will review proposals at different stages of the drafting process, helping the drafting team make course corrections where necessary and conducting final compliance and quality review before submission.
In addition, you will provide support in maintaining an up to date pipeline of opportunities, assist with agendas for reoccurring global team meetings, and ensure an organized file system of Go to Market activities and critical documents using an online cloud based system. You will track performance against project timelines and objectives and provide financial management such as budget, expenses, travel reimbursement, and invoicing. You will educate new team members on how to work in donor-funded programs to enhance compliance, support leaders in drafting and developing quarterly and annual reports, and monitor pending contract actions.
This is a one-year term-contract position. Compensation will be commensurate to experience, but there will be no benefits and retirement plans included. Upon the successful year, there could be a potential for renewal / transition to a permanent position contingent on the demand for the role and performance of the candidate
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top