- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of experience in public sector proposal development; preference for experience at large professional-services firms
- Experience with entire proposal development process, including the demonstrated ability to produce compliant, responsive and compelling proposals
- Ability to interact collaboratively with consultants, forging effective relationships across our client service teams
- Power user with deep proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work with subject matter experts and leadership to develop non-technical sections of the proposal content including past performance, staffing, resumes, and executive summary
- Superb organizational, verbal, and written communications skills
- Shipley training or experience a plus
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to requirements related to U.S. government security clearances
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Washington, D.C. office as part of our Public Sector Practice (PSP). This practice provides management consulting services to governments at the federal, state, and local levels. You'll work with the broader PSP to deliver world-class proposal responses, thereby helping the PSP to grow and have greater impact.
This role also requires coordination with other functions such as contract management and legal counsel to gain approvals of documentation.
What You'll Do
You will work to expand our firm's impact within the Public Sector by playing a key role in generating new engagements.
You will be responsible for using the proposal process, tools, and templates in leading teams to develop high quality proposal responses. This process involves interpretation of solicitation requirements for document organization and production as well as maintaining accurate and timely communications regarding document status, proposal team meetings, and formal reviews. You'll also serve as a thought partner in the development and maintenance of proposal libraries, databases, and other sources of information.
You'll adhere to file structure, archive, and back-up procedures for all proposal materials while establishing electronic proposal file access and tracking protocols for documentation. You'll create and tailor templates and compliance matrices for assigned proposal efforts.
Additionally, you'll conduct training for proposal team members, coordinate and lead proposal kickoff meetings, and work collaboratively to help teams follow industry best practices for proposal development. You'll develop content for non-technical portions of the proposal response such as staffing, management, resumes and past performance.
You'll assemble drafts providing review, formatting, and editing support and you'll ensure final formatting and layout of proposals in preparation for production. You'll manage the binding and packaging of final proposals and coordinate delivery as needed. You'll also drive the development and maintenance of reuse libraries, ensuring the libraries and the proposal sites are current, comprehensive, and accurate.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top