- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Basic understanding or knowledge of the proposal process and understanding of the elements of documentation management and proposal production
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate, forging effective relationships across McKinsey's distributed and non-hierarchical organization
- Power user of Microsoft Office Suite and proficient in Adobe Acrobat
- Superb organizational, verbal, and written communications skills
- Additional proposal training / certifications a plus (e.g. Shipley training)
- U.S. citizen due to requirements related to U.S. government security clearances
Who You'll Work WithYou'll work in our Washington, D.C. office as part of our Public Sector Practice (PSP). This practice provides management consulting services to governments at the federal, state, and local levels. You'll work with the broader PSP to deliver world-class proposal responses, thereby helping the PSP to grow and have greater impact.
What You'll Do
You will work closely with PSP colleagues to expand the firm's impact within the Public Sector, by playing a key role in generating new engagements in the public sector.
You will be responsible for the effective use of proposal development procedures, tools, and templates; basic interpretation of solicitation requirements for document organization and production; and accurate, timely communications regarding document status, proposal team meetings, and formal reviews. You will also assist in the development and maintenance of proposal libraries, databases, and other sources of information.
Your day-to-day will involve adhering to file structure, archiving, and backing-up procedures for all proposal materials. You will create and tailor templates and compliance matrices for assigned proposal efforts based on submission requirements.
You will assemble color review drafts providing formatting and basic editing support. You will direct the production, binding/packaging of final proposals, and coordinate delivery. You'll support close-out activities such as resume, past performance, and boilerplate filing. Finally, you will drive the maintenance and population of reuse libraries, ensuring the libraries and the proposal sites are current, comprehensive, and accurate.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top