Project Director / VP - Megaprojects
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
- 20+ years of experience in mega-project management as Project Director/Senior Project Manager in energy sectors across the entire lifecycle – design to commissioning
- Experience in respected mega-project companies such as Exxon, Chevron, Shell or E&C firms such as Bechtel, Fluor, KBR, Skanska or equivalent
- Successful project management experience in large ($3-5bn+) energy and resources projects or in iconic infrastructure mega-projects
- Significant delivery experience of technically complex projects that are >$1bn in construction value and geographically diverse
- Deep knowledge of mega-projects management
- Irrefutable track record of delivering significant and sustained impact, including a documented record of achieving on-time, on-budget, and high quality delivery
- Deep knowledge of means and methods for engineering, contracting, procurement, construction, start-up, practical experience with construction management is critical (credible on a construction site)
- Experience negotiating with and managing multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, and performance management skills
- Strong understanding of project and sector economics
- Leadership and influencing ability to inspire project culture, and motivate contractor performance
- Able to get buy-in and commitment from internal stakeholders, and willing to make critical decisions
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Megaprojects team in one of our North America offices. Megaprojects is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Our Megaprojects unit is a best-in-class organization. It is a project-dedicated organization, composed of a combination of top-notch industry professionals with extensive experience in mega-projects and consultants with deep experienced in capital projects.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will manage the execution of large, complex mega-projects, developing solutions and building capabilities as an impact-oriented problem solver.
You will develop distinctive knowledge, cutting-edge tools and techniques that support mega-project service offerings. You will support client's decision making process, by combining top notch industry professionals and consultants expertise.
You will put projects under control, through a proprietary "control tower" approach. You will improve bottom line project value through selected "booster initiatives" (e.g., Design to Value, Lean Construction).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top