Project Accountant - Financial Analyst
- University degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of finance experience, preferably in a multinational professional services environment
- Experience working directly with senior leadership within the organization
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong command of the English language in both oral and written communications
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work with all levels of an organization
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and web-based applications
- Ability to working independently and take ownership of projects
- Collaborative approach, proactive and the desire to create new ideas and solutions
- Resilience, maturity and comfort with ambiguity
Who You'll Work WithYou will be based in our Kuala Lumpur office and will be part of our Southeast Asia Finance & Accounting function. You will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and will work closely with Manager of Finance and Accounting to implement policies and procedures across the seven Southeast Asia office locations.
What You'll Do
Your responsibilities will be to provide centralized support to client service teams, and assist in problem solving and data interpretation.
You will review client engagement expense balances on monthly basis, work to resolve balance discrepancies and ensure that accounting entries and adjustments are performed by month-end close and play a pivotal role in the monthly time close. You will monitor and analyze billing and collection aging, working with local finance teams and partners to ensure client invoices are sent on schedule and AR collected on time. In some instances, you will become directly involved with clients to resolve billing and collection issues.
You will also support client service teams with the budgeting of projects and review Client Engagement Reports (CER). You ensure submission of CER prior to the start of a project. You will forecast reserves and value adjustments on a monthly basis, track non-standard arrangements and ensure proper accounting of revenues. Lastly, you will ensure compliance with global project accounting policies.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top