Professional Development & Staffing Manager (12 Months)
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred
- 5 - 10 years of experience in a professional environment and in a people-related role especially with professional development and staffing related activities
- Entrepreneurial, organized self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a team player with a professional presence
- Ability to get things done, in a fast-pace and collaborative setting
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and oral, is necessary
- Ability to work in a virtual team structure and flexibility to accommodate multiple time zones
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superb attention to detail, organized and culturally sensitivity
- Ability to work under pressure, manage expectations effectively
- Sound judgment and strong integrity in dealing with people. Discretion to resolve sensitive personnel issues
Who You'll Work WithYou will be based in Singapore and will be part of the regional and integrated Southeast Asia (ASO) Professional Development (PD) team. Your role will involve working with the location leadership, partner group, and other administrative leaders to create a vibrant and exciting community where people – individually and collectively – behave like owners, feel cared for, are closely connected, and have access to a full range of opportunities.
What You'll Do
You will lead the staffing, professional development and evaluations of a large pool of consultants from McKinsey Implementation, Oil & Gas and various other practices in Southeast Asia.
Your responsibilities will include owning the end-to-end development of this mixed group of consultants as well as providing advice and counsel to experienced hires and an in-depth understanding of their professional aspirations, experience, strengths, development needs, career path and relevant personal circumstances. You will work with leadership to ensure feedback is provided to consultants in a timely manner, and you will implement a solid on-boarding process and program for all experienced hires in the region.
You will serve as a liaison and a main point of contact for multiple practices and ventures housed in the region for any issues related to training, learning, administrative processes and planning. You will effectively engage partners when issues arise and create local connectivity programs for cohort-based events.
You will act as a coach by facilitating the staffing of integrated teams with a diverse set of skills and capabilities allowing us to deliver the highest impact to our clients. You will be a thought partner in developing people and co-facilitate team feedback sessions. Last but not the least, you will assist the Director of PD with manpower planning and reporting processes.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top