Professional Development Coordinator - LUNAR
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of experience in human resources, project management, and/or operations and preferably at a creative agency, studio, or consulting services firm
- Comfortable handling both business and people initiatives, with an interest in translating between the two
- Strong communication, listening and influencing abilities; Experience counseling peers and leaders in their development is a plus
- Flexible and are comfortable with ambiguity, conflict resolution and a fast paced environment
- Experience with working with data, analysis and budget planning / management
- Exemplary time management, prioritization and organization skills
- Savvy with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, plus for creative tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud and 10,000 FT
- Positive, can-do attitude and bring an ownership and accountability mindset
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
- Willingness to travel domestically and work occasional overtime
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in San Francisco with LUNAR, an award-winning design firm.
LUNAR has spent 30 years creating stand out product experiences, including everything from game controllers to genetic sequencers to ice cream scoops, for the world's leading brands. It is now part of McKinsey & Company, the global management consulting firm that helps shape the world's leading businesses. This new partnership provides clients a full-spectrum offering that combines McKinsey's depth and impact in management consulting, business strategy and operations with LUNAR's unmatched capability in design, engineering, development and design strategy.
What You'll Do
You will assist in staffing assignments, the ongoing performance development and evaluation process of our people, the planning of firm events and ensuring HR and administrative support for our people.
You'll assist in weekly staffing assignments, team scheduling meetings and the timesheet submission process. You'll manage project and discipline availability information via 10,000 FT and generate bi-monthly reports on team utilization, studio headcounts and overall team health. An essential part of this role will be liaising with McKinsey client service teams and keeping a centralized tracker of confirmed studies and assignments.
You'll coordinate both our internal LUNAR creative workshop training series and our designers' participation in training programs offered within the McKinsey network. On an ongoing basis, you'll contribute to professional development of our early tenure team members through coaching and opportunity identification. You'll drive the employee experience with culture and fun such as team off-sites and studio excursions.
You'll contribute to the ongoing shaping of the LUNAR performance review process. You will coordinate design review processes, including managing logistics, collecting materials and managing relevant databases.
You'll build relationships with the West Coast McKinsey HR team and serve as the first line of support for LUNAR employee questions regarding onboarding, benefits and people policies/programs. In this role, you will own data entry for all staff, promotion updates, performance reviews, professional trainings and support PD data analysis and reporting as needed. You will also significantly contribute to the design and implementation of the onboarding and exit process for employees.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top