Professional Development Coordinator
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Outstanding inter-personal skills and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities and deliver high quality outputs under deadline pressure
- Basic business knowledge, solid knowledge of people processes
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work both in a team as well as independently, take appropriate initiative and problem solve, even in ambigouus situations
- Proactive and can do attitude, drive to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the team
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Comfort with numbers, analyses and systems
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Santiago, Chile, as part of the LatAm Professional Development (PD) and Staffing Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference to the experience and development of consultants in the Bogota, Lima, Santiago and Buenos Aires offices. You will work closely with consultants, partners and other members of the Professional Development and Staffing team across LatAm. As a PD Coordinator you will work closely with the Professional Development Manager and with the partner overseeing staffing. You will collaborate with our firm's global staffing community and you'll work very closely not only with your peers from PD/Staffing, but also with colleagues from Recruiting and Learning.
What You'll Do
You will coordinate people processes in the region, including staffing, coordinating performance reviews and counseling to consultants.
You will execute staffing processes, including managing engagement and availability information and maintaining relevant databases and records. As a PD Coordinator you will be aware of engagement requirements as well as individual consultant's preferences and restrictions. This includes facilitating the evaluation and professional development of Associates and Business Analysts, while supporting the PD Manager. You'll also coordinate consultants' review processes, including managing logistics, collecting materials, and managing relevant databases.
Additionally, you'll oversee relevant team tools and coordinate other PD processes as applicable. You'll support PD data analysis and reporting as needed, as well as other PD projects, including proactively identifying and contributing to process improvements. Finally, you'll contribute to the professional development of more junior team members, including providing coaching and creating opportunities for others.
In your role you will develop a professional relationship with each consultant that includes an in-depth understanding of the individual's professional aspirations, experience, strengths, development needs, and relevant personal circumstances.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top