Professional Development and Recruiting Specialist or Manager
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
- 5-10 years of experience in people-related roles at a professional services firm
- Strong sense of entrepreneurship
- Ability to work under pressure and manage expectations effectively
- Strong client service orientation
- Strategic and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to get things done and oversee projects to completion, determining and adjusting priorities as appropriate
- Ability to work in a virtual, global team structure and flexibility to accommodate multiple time zones
- Sound judgment and strong integrity in dealing with people; discretion to resolve sensitive personnel issues
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
Who You'll Work With
You will join the Strategy & Corporate Finance (S&CF) team in New York, New Jersey, Stamford, Amsterdam, or Gurgaon.
The S&CF practice is a complex practice that includes ~800 colleagues around the world, and touches nearly every McKinsey consultant. Strategy & corporate finance topics are central to McKinsey—in fact, for many senior executives, McKinsey is synonymous with strategy & corporate finance. You will work closely with S&CF partners and the broader S&CF management team, as well as collaborate with colleagues in other practices and offices.
Application deadline: Sept 22, 2017
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for a range of professional development (PD) and recruiting activities.
You will support a population including expert consultants, knowledge consultants, research and insights colleagues and firm support staff. You will be a thought partner and coach, fostering an in-depth understanding of professional aspirations, experiences, strengths, development needs, and relevant personal circumstances. You will drive people initiatives and will raise and address people issues as they arise.
You will collaborate with global and regional colleagues on learning initiatives. You will oversee the global staffing process for our corporate performance team, supported by a staffing administrator. You will promote collaboration and integrated deployment across the various groups within the practice.
Additionally, you will lead searches to fill open positions, manage external recruiters for selected searches, support practice managers in headcount planning, and ensure high-quality onboarding for new colleagues.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top