Product Owner - Digital Labs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent degree
- 2-4 years of experience leading agile projects as a product owner and/or scrum master
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Experience as both a team member and coach in the agile product owner and/or scrum master roles
- Experience with building consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Knowledge and understanding of technical engineering best practices (e.g., test driven development, continuous integration, etc.)
- Proficient with drawing storyboards, creating wireframes, creating/'grooming' product backlogs, writing user stories and developing acceptance criteria
- Experience with running and teaching agile in a workshop or classroom setting (preferred)
- Relentless prioritization and alignment with business and IT stakeholders to ensure highest value capture
- Excellent project manager that can plan 2-3 steps ahead of the team and surface hidden risks 2-3 levels deep within the team
- Ability to work at an abstract level and continuously 'pivot' to arrive at the highest impact answer for the client
- Multifaceted with real passion for agile software development and driving change in people and organizations
- Energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Ability to work under pressure, manage client expectations effective and not get overwhelmed by client pressures on team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on transforming towards agile
- Excellent leadership skills and enjoys teaching/mentoring others
- Ability to move between strategic discussions with senior client leaders to tackle on the ground agile coaching with teams
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Bangkok office as part of Digital Labs and our Digital McKinsey teams more broadly. You will be part of a team leading agile implementation and transformation projects at Fortune 500 companies. You will be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team responsible from shaping strategic product designs to managing and transforming agile teams.
Digital Labs combines unparalleled business knowledge with a world-class agile development process to offer distinctive support for enterprise IT enablement. Our highly skilled system architects and development managers configure software packages and build custom applications, creating the foundation for rapid and cost-effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one. Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
What You'll Do
You will be versed in the product, process and technology aspects of the agile approach.
You will be a practitioner in all aspects of the scrum process in agile, which include planning poker, running daily stand-up, conducting sprint reviews and facilitating retrospectives. You will be proficient in all aspects of the agile deliverables required for a technology team to build beautiful software. This includes hands-on development of storyboards, wireframes, product backlog, user stories and acceptance criteria. Lastly, you will have a strong understanding of key agile engineering practices to guide senior client IT leaders on improvement opportunities in their engineering practices.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top