- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience leading agile projects as a product owner and/or scrum master
- Strong command of English and Mandarin language (both verbal and written)
- Experience as both a team member and coach in the agile product owner and / or scrum master roles
- Experience with building consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Knowledge and understanding of technical engineering best practices (e.g., test driven development, continuous integration, etc.)
- Proficient with drawing storyboards, creating wireframes, creating / 'grooming' product backlogs, writing user stories and developing acceptance criteria
- Experience with running and teaching agile in a workshop or classroom setting (preferred)
- Relentless prioritization and alignment with business and IT stakeholders to ensure highest value capture
- Excellent project manager that can plan 2-3 steps ahead of the team and surface hidden risks 2-3 levels deep within the team
- Ability to work at an abstract level and continuously 'pivot' to arrive at the highest impact answer for the client
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Ability to work under pressure, manage client expectations effective and not get overwhelmed by client pressures on team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on transforming towards agile
- Excellent leadership skills and enjoys teaching / mentoring others
- Ability to move between strategic discussions with senior client leaders to tackle on the ground agile coaching with teams
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in one of our offices in Greater China - likely Hong Kong or Shanghai - as part of Digital Labs and our McKinsey Digital team more broadly.
Digital Labs combines unparalleled business knowledge with a world class agile development process to offer distinctive support for enterprise IT enablement. Our highly skilled system architects and development managers configure software packages and build custom applications, creating the foundation for rapid and cost effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one.
Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
What You'll Do
You will lead the execution of digital product development and digital transformation projects for leading industry players in China.
You would be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team with responsibilities that range from shaping strategic product designs to managing and transforming agile teams.
We engage on some of the most challenging business problems facing our clients. These projects can range from rapid process re-inventions at leading financial institutions, 'big data' analytics at large scale retail organizations, to consumer facing app development for traditional industries. In each situation, our Product Owners are typically at the center of the problem solving, advising our most senior clients on how to successful execute on their strategic vision with digital means.
You will be well versed in all aspects of the product, process and technology. You will be at the intersection of business strategy, client and implementation vendors and you'll be responsible for translating abstract visions into reality while managing client's expectation as well as vendor's work efficiency. You will also be proficient in all aspects of the agile deliverables required for a technology team to build beautiful products. This includes hands on development of storyboards, wireframes, product backlog, user stories and acceptance criteria.
Back to top