Product Manager - Target Test
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience overseeing complex software development projects, ideally in a B2B analytics setting, with a proven ability to deliver exceptional results within budgets and timelines
- Proven success in developing, refining, and implementing a product roadmap for a cutting-edge analytic software suite of products and overseeing a cross-functional network of experts and developers to execute on the roadmap
- Direct experience with advanced analytics tools and capabilities integrated into SaaS platforms (e.g., Einstein, IBM Watson) is preferred
- Direct experience with CRM tools Veeva or Salesforce strongly preferred
- Competence in a range of software development environments
- Proficiency in Agile development and management practices
- Strong focus on external innovation: Observing and synthesizing the "direction of travel" in advanced analytics, integrating it into the product roadmap, and where necessary forging outside partnerships to accelerate the product trajectory
- Experience convening cross-functional groups (including customers and non-technical experts) to provide input to product design
- Awareness of emerging B2B trends and capabilities in machine learning and AI
- Direct work experience in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Products industry and/or healthcare more broadly, with a focus on data analytics is a plus
Who You'll Work With
You will work with our Target Test team in our New York office. Target Test is a Solution within PMP (Pharmaceutical and Medical Products) Analytics and part of McKinsey New Ventures.
Target Test is focused on helping our clients derive and implement advanced business insights from data captured by SaaS (Software as a Service) platforms, with an initial focus on the Veeva Systems suite in the life sciences industry. "Beta" use cases include sales force optimization and commercial automation tools based on Veeva CRM, and marketing and agency procurement optimization tools based on Veeva Vault.
The PMP Analytics team builds and operates tools that support senior executives in pharma and device manufacturers, for whom evidence-based decision-making and competitive intelligence are paramount. In close partnership with McKinsey's traditional client service teams (CSTs), the PMP Analytics organization works directly with clients across the core functions of Research & Development (R&D); Operations; Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR); Brand and Product Management; and Commercial Operations to build and scale analytical approaches to addressing their most persistent priorities. The offerings are informed both by McKinsey's longstanding client relationships and deep experience in the most successful PMP players, as well as by the data science, product development, and next-generation research methods of newer partners and senior leaders.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will oversee the design, development, and implementation of a suite of digital tools to power Target Test at scale across multiple clients.
This will involve owning and executing on the product roadmap, as well as providing direct support for Target Test client engagements, particularly where these engagements involve piloting and refining new software functionality or implementing "leave behind" tools. In this role you will partner with the Target Test Solution Manager and McKinsey analytics experts to define and continuously refine a product roadmap for the solution, including digital assets to enable McKinsey to efficiently deliver on Target Test analyses, as well as industry-grade client-facing tools and dashboards.
You will lead a collaborative, cross-functional process to design user journeys at each stage of the roadmap and translate these into detailed developer requirements. You will source and actively manage a team of internal and external software developers to deliver on and continuously refine each journey and phase of the product. You will manage a product development budget to ensure a maximum return on scarce development resources. You will, over time, onboard and manage a small team of digital analysts to partner with clients on the initial ETL process and implement and provide technical support for "leave-behind" tools.
You will also partner directly with clients on engagements linked to the development or refinement of the Target Test product (e.g., "pilot" engagements for new functionality) and ensure continuous improvement of the core product through client feedback, cross-functional design sprints, and other approaches
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top