Product Manager - PriceMetrix
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of professional experience in Enterprise Software Product Management roles (SaaS, Agile, Analytics)
- Experience in strategic product management, product marketing, design, development, and/or technical product management and functional design
- Previous consulting experience at tier-one consulting firm and/or deep experience in other client service oriented roles is preferred
- Fluent in the retail wealth management risk and compliance sector; deep familiarity with the market landscape is preferred
- Technical aptitude to garner respect and success with development teams
- Excellent and creative problem solver
- Affinity for design
- Passionate belief that every software implementation must be successful, as measured by value realization and customer satisfaction
- Working knowledge of SaaS technical issues (e.g., configuration, integration, etc.)
- Ability to be stand alone in a senior client setting
- Clear and oral written communication skills to present complex value propositions to senior executives
- Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to work in fast-paced, start up environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines
- Global mindset; able to appreciate differences in market needs, competitive environment, and cultural norms across multiple countries
- Results oriented, positive, can-do-attitude in face of challenging operating environment; at ease with ambiguity
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our PriceMetrix Team in Toronto. PriceMetrix is part of McKinsey's New Ventures. You will work with a team on enhancing an analytical model and productizing it into an interactive web application to generate value for our Risk and Compliance clients.
The PriceMetrix platform uses analytics and industry benchmarking to help financial advisors and their firms better serve their clients and grow their businesses. Our team is small and agile and you'll collaborate with very smart, fun and driven colleagues. PriceMetrix is the first choice in practice management software for North American wealth managers.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will help drive the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for our high growth Risk & Compliance Analytics offerings.
Joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team in developing industry leading solutions leveraging our advanced analytics and big data platform, you'll have a strategic role within the PriceMetrix product organization. You'll meet with senior stakeholders at major clients and collaborate with McKinsey colleagues to understand their market problems, needs, and experience objectives. You'll then identify requirements to drive value with our Risk & Compliance offerings.
You'll have the opportunity to leverage your understanding of the market and competitive landscape to recommend differentiation that drives critical product capabilities. In addition to external market facing activities, you will be responsible for clearly articulating and prioritizing market-driven requirements through to the development organization.
You will need to closely collaborate and partner with clients as well as the Research & Development, Client Development, Client Services and Analytics teams within the firm.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top