Product Manager - New Ventures Technology
- Undergraduate degree with excellent academic record
- 6 + years of professional experience in software development roles, including meaningful experience in Strategic and/or Technical Product management
- Experience building products from the ground up with an affinity for design based development
- Working knowledge of SaaS technical issues (e.g., configuration, integration, etc.)
- Passionate belief that every software implementation must be successful, as measured by value realization and client satisfaction
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Ability to be "stand-alone" in senior client settings. Clear oral and written communication skills to present complex value propositions to clients and senior executives
- Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to work in fast-paced, start-up environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines
- Global mindset: able to appreciate differences in market needs, competitive environment, and cultural norms across multiple countries and sectors
- Ability to adapt and champion ideas that improve or expand your own
- Demonstrated ability and desire to navigate complex situations with various levels of uncertainty
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in either New York or Chicago as part of New Ventures Technology.
The New Ventures Technology team supports our solutions through incubating their technology applications and building out a common platform to accelerate each solution with reusable core components across infrastructure, platform, services and front-end technologies. You'll work with in-house and external partner development teams to build products with strong user value, impressive usability and enterprise grade quality standards.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will partner with Solution leaders, Software engineers and Product Design team members to deliver software products with high levels of value, usability, quality and predictability for our New Venture Solutions.
You will build strong partnerships with subject matter experts and Client facing colleagues to understand the value of planned products. You will develop user personas and user journeys to create user empathy and understanding within the team. You will have an understanding of key agile engineering methodology and modern software development best practices.
You will participate in and lead Concept sprints to build a product roadmap, define MVP functionality and collect user feedback. You will build understanding and appreciation for the practice of Product management amongst your team members and colleagues. You will guide Solution teams through the process of building and launching truly great products.
You'll be busy identifying and escalating product delivery barriers, dependencies or risks, ensuring the value of the user stories and negotiating with stakeholders and engineer to deliver the most value within tight timelines and budgets. You'll manage yourself day to day with regards to priorities, time and commitments within your team setting and ensuring that product management standards and best practices are exercised.
Back to top