- Degrees in Computer Science, Business or equivalent degree from a top tier university
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager or equivalent in a leading technology, internet company or development shop
- Familiarity with agile development approach
- Team leader experience with building consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology or digital means
- Understanding of the end-to-end product development process
- Great technical knowledge and communication skill to effectively work with senior clients, architects, and guide the vendor or client team
- Ability to work at an abstract level and continuously pivot to arrive at the highest impact answer for the client
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Strong command of Mandarin (both verbal and written) and good English
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Greater China as part of Digital Labs and our Digital McKinsey teams more broadly.
Digital Labs combines unparalleled business knowledge with a world class agile development process to offer distinctive support for enterprise IT enablement. Our highly skilled system architects and development managers configure software packages and build custom applications, creating the foundation for rapid and cost effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one.
Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products. Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing.
What You'll Do
You will lead the execution of digital product development and digital transformation projects for leading industry players in China.
You would be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team with responsibilities that range from shaping strategic product designs to managing and transforming agile teams. We engage on some of the most challenging business problems facing our clients. These projects can range from rapid process re-inventions at leading financial institutions, 'big data' analytics at large scale retail organizations, to consumer facing app development for traditional industries. In each situation, our Product Managers are typically at the center of the problem solving, advising our most senior clients on how to successful execute on their strategic vision with digital means.
You would be well versed in the product, process and technology aspects. You will be at the intersection of business strategy, client and implementation vendors and you'll be responsible for translating abstract visions into reality while managing client's expectation as well as vendor's work efficiency. You would also be proficient in all aspects of the agile deliverables required for a technology team to build beautiful products. This includes hands on development of storyboards, wireframes, product backlog, user stories and acceptance criteria.
Back to top