Product Development Specialist
- Undergraduate or Master's degree with Engineering/Technical background MBA degree advantageous
- Up to 10 years Product Development experience acquired in Automotive, IT/High Tech, Electronics or Consumer
- Experience in business strategy planning a plus
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Fluent in English and Mandarin a must
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in one of our offices in Greater China (Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Taipei). Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
McKinsey's Product Development Service Line is committed to helping clients develop products that fit market needs, produce attractive margins, provide platforms for add-on offerings, and enhance the reputation of brands for future business growth. Our work in product development includes developing, defining, and implementing strategies that help clients make lasting improvements to their innovation and business performance.
What You'll Do
You'll work with colleagues and clients from a wide variety of business areas to develop innovative product development solutions, while maintaining a broad perspective.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
You will also work together with other colleagues from our worldwide Operations Practice to further develop our concepts, whilst expanding your own knowledge and skills. You will bring your personal ideas and experiences to the job - thereby helping our clients to achieve competitive success, and us to continuously renew our expertise.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top