Private Equity Analyst
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in finance, economics or accounting
- 2-3 years of experience at transaction (including accounting) advisory or private equity or strategy consulting firms/research firms with exposure to PE / the due diligence process or other aspects of financial markets great advantage
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in both written and spoken Japanese, and in English; prior experience in an international environment desirable
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to structure a problem, disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Excellent analytical skills and modeling skills; ability to understand the relevant analysis required to prove a hypothesis and ability to gather information around it and make informed/logical assumptions where required
- Excellent quantitative skills, and strong Excel skills; additional IT skills beyond that (Powerpoint is a must; knowledge of MS Access is an added advantage)
- Energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality. Able to work well in a team setting and responsive to feedback.
- Flexibility, patience, and an understanding of fluid, demanding, and unstructured environments where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are challenged regularly
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
Who You'll Work WithYou will be based in Tokyo, Japan and work with our Private Equity practice. You will work with investors of all types: PE firms, distressed debt/credit investors, hedge funds, real estate, and infrastructure firms, as well as the institutional investors that they serve, including pensions, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, and endowments. You will serve these clients across the deal cycle, assisting with deal identification, due diligence, and portfolio company operational improvements, as well as on firm-level topics of strategy, governance, and operations.
What You'll Do
You will focus entirely on serving investor clients and will be staffed full time to client engagements, with the majority of work in private equity due diligence.
You will assess and identify market attractiveness and you will provide targeted information and specialized financial analysis on potential acquisitions. You will prepare and deliver high-impact verbal and written communication of your synthesized findings.
You will work across other private equity/investor engagements, including support for portfolio companies, firm strategy/organization, market scans, etc. Furthermore, you will support on analytics and provide quick modeling support and work as part of a global team to help us build and evolve our Private Equity practice.
You will act as a subject matter expert on topics related to our service to investors, and will be recognized as a valuable resource of experience, information, and expertise. You will enhance the practice's current awareness of developments in the PE and institutional investor domain.
You will develop investor-friendly templates of industry outlooks, creating 'industry' insight capture templates suitable for PE/PI client use. You will codify due diligence end products, creating a database of "off the shelf" information for publication. You will be focused on Japan yet provide global exposure (cross geography, cross-industry) and will have the opportunity to build deep functional capability around the PE/PI industry and due diligence topics.
Back to top