Principal Data Scientist - QuantumBlack
- MSc or PhD level in the field of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Mathematics
- Deep experience in statistical modelling, machine learning and deep learning techniques/frameworks
- Curiosity for new methods and technologies and enthusiasm for data science challenges
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems
- Programming experience in at least 2 of the following language: R, Python, Scala, SQL
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with a knack for explaining complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Team leadership, mentoring and project management skills
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in QuantumBlack's London office in a highly collaborative team of exceptionally talented Data Scientists, Data Architects, and Engineers.
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know- how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
What You'll Do
You will develop and apply data science methods to improve and optimism our clients performance needs.
In this role, you will lead the data science aspect of multiple engagements and work on complex data sets from some of the world's most influential organizations. You will have the chance to write highly optimised code to advance our internal Data Science toolbox, and you'll develop world-class data science products.
As a Principal Data Scientist, you will identify business hypotheses and metrics and help drive the analytical scope and method for projects, including formulating and shaping the models. You will use math, stats and machine learning to derive key insights across various industry sectors including sports, pharma, automotive and high-tech in a multi-disciplinary environment, mixing highly skilled people in data science, data engineering and design.
You will be expected to communicate complex analytics concepts in a clear and concise manner to business leaders. Lastly, you will build strong links with the academic world and constantly share ideas and stay ahead of the curve on the latest methods.
Back to top