Power / Energy Sector Lead – Urban Development Programme
- Master's degree in relevant area
- 10+ years of experience in cities and infrastructure development with demonstrable technical expertise in large scale power / energy reform programmes
- Experience working in Myanmar or in similar contexts and experience of working closely with government, with a thorough understanding improving the quality of cities and infrastructure
- Experience of providing technical assistance to urban reforms programmes
- Knowledge of international donors including multilateral organisations, as well as with private sector partners is a clear advantage
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills
- High-level communications and people skills
- Fluent English; Knowledge of Burmese will be an asset
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Myanmar for an upcoming donor funded urban development programme. You will work in collaboration with the Government to support inclusive economic development and structural transformation by building the enabling environment for investment into urban, energy and infrastructure sectors. The programme will be delivered in close collaboration with international donors and the Government. The overall impact of the programme will be enhanced inclusive economic growth leading to job creation and ultimately to poverty reduction.
We will only contact eligible candidates and ask that you do not call to check on the status of your application. McKinsey is an equal opportunity employer.
CVs should be maximum 2-pages.
What You'll Do
You will be defining power and energy programme priorities and developing options for delivery.
You will be providing specific technical input and quality assurance on different components of the programme with a focus on improving outcomes around energy generation and supply, particularly to industrial zones in key cities.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top