Platform Software Engineer - IoT - Digital McKinsey
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of professional experience
- Experience in objected oriented design using languages such as C++, Java, Python or other
- Experience with full-stack development
- Experience with any IoT platform provided by AWS, Azure, Thingworx or similar
- Expert knowledge of public cloud providers (AWS, IBM SoftLayer, Google Cloud) and their integration points
- Knowledge of buffering, stream processing, complex event processing and storage solutions (RabbitMQ, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, etc)
- Familiarity with continuous integration leveraging tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo or similar
Who You'll Work With
You will work with the Internet of Things (IoT) team in one of our North American offices. You will have the ability to leverage other areas of Digital McKinsey including the agile prototyping as well as the data engineering experts and digital design specialists to provide a differentiating and distinctive service. You will be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team with responsibilities that range from shaping and implementing strategic technology products to ensuring that McKinsey's craft stays on the leading edge of technology.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities—drawing from our Business Technology Office, McKinsey Digital Labs, and our digital functions and combining them in one cohesive organization. Digital McKinsey not only advises but also builds, operates, and transfers capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
McKinsey's IoT Digital aims to help clients unlock the enormous potential of the Internet of Things. Our value proposition spans the full product life cycle, ranging from data diagnostic to pilot, strategy, solution implementation, and ongoing operation. We view IoT as a transformative opportunity for clients across almost all sectors. Our goal is to collaborate with clients to define and deliver on this transformation. This requires a hand on approach and practical understanding of the challenges and opportunities involved in IoT. We are building capability that spans strategy, product design, digital design, hw and sw design, analytics, business planning and implementation.
What You'll Do
You will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage complex software development tasks associated with developing, designing and debugging software applications that are built on top of existing IoT platforms.
You will architect solutions for clients in the IoT space that are based on best practices and design patterns that make the final product scalable and built for high availability and performance. You will be knowledgeable and passionate about systems architecture, technical design and delivery, as well as have a deep expertise in various IoT platforms, cloud-computing technologies, web services and server-side enterprise approaches.
Back to top