Platform Architect - Advanced Analytics
- Bachelor's degree and excellent academic record required; focus in computer science, math or related field
- Advanced understanding/coursework in cloud/virtualization technologies, cloud security and networking
- Experience in cloud technology (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Demonstrated leadership in adopting and deploying continuous deployment culture and technologies
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- The capacity to innovate, anticipate trends and challenge established practices
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Distinctive communications skills and ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy to understand way
- Position requires ability to travel 40-50%
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Boston, MA, WeWork office as part of QuantumBlack (a McKinsey & Co. subsidiary). Our team is a small startup within McKinsey that is focused on building next generation global analytics cloud platform for use by our consultants and clients. You'll be part of our energetic, enthusiastic, tight-knit team in, WeWork South Station. Our location is close to the innovation hub of Boston and we often attend tech meetups, hack fests, contribute to open source in major tech communities across Boston, NYC, San Fran and London (where QuantumBlack headquarters are located). We work hard and challenge each other all while having a great time. We also make sure to support one another regardless of what role we are in. We don't believe in hierarchies - just team work and results we can be proud of.
What You'll Do
You will work with consultants, clients or internal teams to prepare complex data analyses and models that help solve client problems and deliver significant measurable impact.
You'll help us to ensure the correct technical setup of Analytical solutions and you'll advise the client service teams on any connectivity, security, or technical requirements. In this capacity, you'll apply your understanding of the technical aspects of the solutions, systems and software used, the technical aspects of the cloud environment, and data aspects of the cloud environment including conceptual and logical models.
Your work will be project-oriented. You will often be responsible for the entire analytical process – from outlining the type of solution through implementation, interpretation of results and transferring capabilities to the client or colleagues. You will constructively discuss your findings in collaboration with consultants and clients while always looking for the best solution. Some work at the client site is expected.
Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top