Physician Consultant - Healthcare Analytics & Delivery - New Ventures
- Medical Degree (M.D.) from an accredited medical school
- Residency training with board certification/board eligible status or equivalent training/experience at a health plan, medical consulting firm, government organization, or similar industry organization
- Understanding of medical coding systems (CPT, ICD-9, DRG, etc.)
- Understanding of medically-related analytics
- Knowledge of health policy and operational clinical medicine
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and deliver quality end-products in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to be a strong team player in a dynamic and changing environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in New York and will work with one of the domains within Healthcare Analytics and Delivery, working closely with its Clinical Center of Excellence. Healthcare Analytics and Delivery is part of McKinsey New Ventures and provides specialized capabilities to support our clients within McKinsey's Health Systems and Services Practice.
Our Healthcare Analytics & Delivery group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 200+ dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will participate in client engagements focused on value capture.
In this role, your work may include the development of clinical policy improvement, the utilization of reduction solutions, and the development of new payment models.
You will participate and, in some cases, lead the development of clinically-oriented analytic assets. You will also advise teams on evidence-based medicine, clinical practice, and healthcare policies.
Back to top