- Bachelor's degree in the area of industrial/organizational psychology, business, economics, engineering, operations or other related analytical discipline; Master's or other graduate degree is a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in a relevant role
- Previous experience in developing and analyzing surveys and/or developing insights from software is a plus
- Social science research experience is a plus
- Top-tier problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Basic statistics knowledge
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; fluency in English in business contexts
- Interest in organizational behavior or design and general business concepts
- Excitement for entrepreneurial, fast paced culture
- Ability to take ownership and prioritize under pressure
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Passion for coaching and mentoring colleagues and clients
- Excellent team player
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Waltham Knowledge Centre, with our OrgSolutions team, part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures. You will play an active role in the OrgSolutions team and product development by collaborating with colleagues in your regional and global OrgSolutions team.
OrgSolutions combines innovative design technology and advanced analytics with deep expertise to accelerate effective organizational decisions. OrgSolutions can help Human Resources and business leaders to make smarter organizational decisions by leveraging advanced data analytics, user-centered design technology and proven methodologies. These approaches help clients to answer critical questions related to cost reduction, efficiency and effectiveness streamlining, merger plans, divestments and carve outs, and talent deployment.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be managing multi-month client projects and implementing change together with McKinsey consultants and OrgSolutions Experts
In the "Coach" role, you will facilitate sustainable and large-scale organizational change at our clients. You will lead the deployment of OrgSolutions (OS) tools and approaches in the context of major organizational restructuring, change management, culture transformation, or leadership development and will develop into go-to organizational experts within McKinsey. In addition to delivering impact at our clients, you will play a key role in developing and implementing improvement ideas to position our firm as a thought leader in the organizational space and continually improve the way we operate as a Solution.
You will manage data collection, administration, analysis, and synthesis of data from proprietary McKinsey diagnostics. You will produce client-ready presentations, reports, and workshop materials. In addition to that, you will contextualize org concepts to enable client understanding of general concepts within their specific organizational contexts.
You will be serving clients remotely from the local office as well as on-site where required (travel may range from 5% to 80%, depending on tenure, demand, and personal interest). You will problem solve with consultants and directly with clients to facilitate strategic organizational change and build client capabilities for change. You will co-facilitate client workshops and prepare the materials and logistics for workshops. You will implement health and org design with consultants and clients, building client capabilities and capacity for change along the way.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top