Organizational Solutions Coach - Analytical Business Advisor
- University degree with strong academic record
- Fluency in English in business contexts
- Top-tier problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Basic statistics knowledge
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in organizational behavior or design and general business concepts
- Excitement for entrepreneurial, fast paced culture
- Ability to take ownership and prioritize under pressure
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Passion for coaching and mentoring colleagues and clients
- Excellent team player
- Degree or coursework in industrial/organizational psychology, business, economics, engineering, operations or other related analytical discipline (Plus)
- Previous experience in developing and analyzing surveys and/or developing insights from software (Plus)
- Social science research experience (Plus)
- 1-3 years' experience in directly relevant role (Plus)
- Masters or other graduate degree (Plus)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in San Jose, Costa Rica with our OrgSolutions team, part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
McKinsey OrgSolutions is looking for early-career professionals for the "Coach" role to facilitate sustainable and large-scale organizational change at our clients. Coaches will lead the deployment of OrgSolutions (OS) tools and approaches across our clients in the context of major organizational restructuring, change management, culture transformation, or leadership development and will develop into go-to organizational experts within McKinsey. In addition to delivering impact at our clients, Coaches play a key role in developing and implementing improvement ideas to position McKinsey as a thought leader in the organizational space and continually improve the way we operate as a Solution.
OrgSolutions uses the best in org analytics to help clients make better leadership decisions and take actions to achieve tangible performance results. Comprised of complementary tools and solutions that address a variety of organizational needs, OrgSolutions' portfolio includes the Organizational Health Index (OHI), OrgLab, Top Team Effectiveness diagnostic, the Influencer tool, People Analytics and is still growing.
With global team of almost 150 dedicated professionals, OrgSolutions is part of McKinsey New Ventures – a collection of innovative solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances that is redefining what it means to work with McKinsey. New Ventures colleagues serve clients alongside traditional McKinsey consultants, where they bring specialized expertise, typically related to proprietary tools or approaches.
What You'll Do
You will be managing multi-month client projects and implementing change together with McKinsey consultants and OrgSolutions Experts
In the context of deploying our solutions, you will provide technical and operational expertise on OrgSolutions' tools to consultants and clients. You will manage data collection, administration, analysis, and synthesis of data from proprietary McKinsey diagnostics. You will produce client-ready presentations, reports, and workshop materials. In addition to that, you will contextualize org concepts to enable client understanding of general concepts within their specific organizational contexts.
Where it comes to change implementation, you will be serving clients remotely from the local office as well as on-site where required (travel may range from 5% to 80%, depending on tenure, demand, and personal interest). You will problem solve with consultants and directly with clients to facilitate strategic organizational change and build client capabilities for change. You will co-facilitate client workshops and prepare the materials and logistics for workshops. You will implement health and org design with consultants and clients, building client capabilities and capacity for change along the way.
Playing an active role in the OrgSolutions team and products development by collaborating with colleagues in your regional and global OrgSolutions team. Lastly, you will contribute to building and improving team capabilities, research, tools, and new innovations.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top