Organizational Science Lead - OrgSolutions, New Ventures
- PhD in I/O Psychology, with a history of research work either in an academic, industrial, consulting setting, or all.
- Ability to show and talk through a sample of research conducted.
- Deep knowledge and passion for Organizational Science
- Statistical analysis skills include fundamentals through multivariate procedures, e.g., multiple regression, factor analysis, discriminant analysis
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to define a problem, operationalize hypotheses, select the right statistical procedures, interpret results and communicate conclusions persuasively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence without authority, e.g., peers, executives, and principals
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our OrgSolutions team in New York or Philadelphia. OrgSolutions is part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
OrgSolutions combines innovative design technology and advanced analytics with deep expertise to accelerate effective organizational decisions. OrgSolutions can help Human Resources and business leaders to make smarter organizational decisions by leveraging advanced data analytics, user-centered design technology and proven methodologies. These approaches help clients to answer critical questions related to cost reduction, efficiency and effectiveness streamlining, merger plans, divestments and carve outs, and talent deployment.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
As the leader of our OrgScience group, you will partner with global leadership to develop a strategy to grow the practice.
You will be responsible for publishing cutting-edge articles on a broad range of organization topics. You will set out research priorities and frame the research agenda.
You will represent OrgScience at conferences at speak on cutting edge ideas we are developing. You will shape debates and lead discussions at organization and talent analytics
Back to top