Optimize Sourcing Specialist - Professional Resources
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 7+ years in a professional services, accounting, finance or consulting firm, with at least 5 years indirect procurement experience managing diverse spend
- Deep and strategic knowledge of Procurement & Accounting concepts, ERP systems, RFx processes, Contracts and T&C's, and generally accepted purchasing principles; expert commodity knowledge
- Experience working with professional services commodity or contingent workforce contracts is desired
- Strong ability to apply experience and knowledge to create continuous and strategic improvements in spend and risk management, influence others with knowledge and skills and demonstrate outstanding change management, project management and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Waltham, Massachusetts office and will be a member of the Professional Resources team, a part of the Global Sourcing group within Optimize.
This function delivers distinctive, positive and productive experiences through various services ranging from travel, events, real estate, sourcing, technology and purchasing. This group is responsible for managing the expenditures and putting emphasis on enhancing the client experience, achieving operational excellence, and providing total value to the entire firm.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for managing spend on a global basis for professional services, contingent workforce, temporary and other staffing services.
You will deliver against savings targets and required service levels for higher spend or more complicated projects, conduct all activities using generally accepted purchasing principles and develop and facilitate strategy for supplier rationalization. You will find new ways to save money and add qualitative value. You will influence stakeholders of the team's ability to add value in these new and existing areas by managing and building ongoing and successful relationships with suppliers, fostering cooperation, adoption and involvement in supplier management negotiations.
Additionally, you will lead, build and work with teams to review current supplier relationships and commercial terms. You will develop analyses and business cases for change and create new sources of supply and model best practices for others providing insight to leading best-practices and supplier initiatives and innovations.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top