Optimize Sourcing Specialist - IT Services
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree is a plus
- 6+ years of experience in a professional business environment, with 5+ years indirect procurement experience managing diverse spend for IT Professional Services and contingent labor vendors
- Deep and strategic knowledge of Procurement & Accounting concepts, ERP systems, RFx processes, Contracts and T&C's, and generally accepted purchasing principles
- Expert commodity knowledge
- Ability to apply experience and knowledge to create continuous and strategic improvements in spend and risk management, influence others with knowledge and skills Outstanding change management, project management and communication skills
- Mastery of Excel, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Waltham, Massachusetts office and will be a member of the Global Sourcing group within Optimize.
This function delivers distinctive, positive and productive experiences through various services ranging from travel, events, real estate, sourcing, technology and purchasing. This group is responsible for managing the expenditures and putting emphasis on enhancing the client experience, achieving operational excellence, and providing total value to the entire firm.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for managing spend on a global basis for IT professional services.
You will deliver against savings targets and required service levels for higher spend or more complicated projects, lead major sourcing events and conduct all activities using generally accepted purchasing principles, including TCO, demand management, etc. Additionally, you will find new ways to save money and add qualitative value, ultimately, influencing stakeholders to adopt these opportunities.
You will lead, build and work with teams to review current supplier relationships and commercial terms, develop analyses and business cases for change and create new sources of supply. You will also manage and build ongoing and successful relationships with suppliers, foster cooperation, and adoption and fulfillment of contract obligations. You will contribute to inter-office and departmental initiatives, providing insight to leading best-practices and supplier initiatives and innovations.
Depending on the spend category, may represent sourcing as an extended team member in Global negotiations, and supplier interactions.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top