Operations & Risk Manager
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree is a plus
- 5+ years of relevant experience at McKinsey or at a similar firm
- Proven ability to cultivate trust-based relationships
- Prior experience leading change efforts and ideally an Agile or similar certification
- Strong analytical skills, and proficiency in Excel and Power Point
- Strong level of client-service orientation, with professional-service experience being desirable
- Entrepreneurial and organized self-starter
- Team player with a professional presence
- Strong interest in building a business and improving how things are done
- Deep understanding of technical/digital talent and appreciation of the complexity of integrating with more generalist talent
- Excellent ability to define and communicate priorities (sprints & backlog)
- Strong communications and English-language skills
- Flexibility for moderate travel and some work outside of standard office hours
Who You'll Work With
You'll join in either San Francisco, Chicago or New York and will be part of Digital McKinsey.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities—drawing from our Business Technology Office, McKinsey Digital Labs, and our digital functions and combining them in one cohesive organization. Digital McKinsey not only advises but also builds, operates, and transfers capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for developing and driving key initiatives to shape our client offerings and business operations.
You will be part of a blended cross-functional team and will shape portfolio of priority client "products" based on regional needs. You will do this by working closely with leaders to refine regional versions of core products and tracking current roll-out of products and services to help client leaders prioritize opportunities.
You will evolve as the practice grows and will continue to shape the role's priorities. You will eliminate, automate or streamline repetitive operational activities. You will provide regional leadership with timely decision making support and continuously assess reporting needs.
You'll also own Engagement Risk Tracking and Mitigation by working with engagement owners to shape arrangements and alternative pricing arrangements to fit within the firm's general guidance. You will collaborate with staffing regarding any pricing adjustments for employees and contractors based on development needs or other business factors. You will lead initiatives to develop scaleable risk solutions and develop and deliver training to improve overall engagement risk and operational effectiveness.
You will be a thought partner to the regional and global, leadership and will participate in regional stand-ups and work sessions. You will be known as the go-to person to get things done and will integrate into the global "Special Operations" activities to lead delivery on defined initiatives.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top