Operations Manager - TechOps
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant field
- 6+ years of progressive experience in IT operations management with a background in management
- Knowledge of Infrastructure and Support environment / processes
- Outstanding project and process management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Superb client service skills with both creative and analytical mind-set
- Ability to work well within teams across continents/time-zones
- Highly collaborative, yet able to function well independently
- Creative problem solver and natural entrepreneur; comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to handle both technical and business aspects of hosting and support
- Pragmatic approach and solution minded
- Top notch security and confidentiality standards
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our TechOps team and will be based in Prague. TechOps is part of New Ventures Technology Operations and McKinsey's New Ventures. Technology Operations Hosting Architecture and Management provides hosting management services in Cloud and in Datacenter.
TechOps is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will manage the infrastructure of our TechOps, providing clear communication to all channels.
You'll work with our helpdesk and engineering teams, acting as a single point of contact between our solutions and TechOps. You'll create impact by optimizing our internal resources, improving operational activities, driving process changes and managing the day to day operations to help teams reach their target.
You will be the contact point for senior solution leaders offering first level advisory services to these internal clients. You'll be responsible for identifying when something needs escalating, and finding ways manage a variety situations.
You will help manage finance and budgets. You will have te ability to see problems before they happen and will be able to communicate at all levels.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top