Oil & Gas Practice - PAX Specialist (Downstream)
- Undergraduate degree preferably Engineering; Post-graduate qualifications in business are advantageous
- 6+ years of strong industry experience in the Downstream Oil & Gas business (refining and integrated petrochemicals)
- Preferred experience in LP (Linear Programming) planning, scheduling and optimization; familiar with LP modeling in different environments such as PIMS, RPMS, etc.
- Preferred experience in Process engineering; process unit operations in refinery and petrochemicals (e.g., distillation, thermal conversion, hydrocracking, catalytic cracking, aromatics, olefins, polymers, utilities, etc.)
- Preferred expertise in optimizing plant operations, running process simulation models or designing and executing small projects
- Ideally familiar with maintenance scope definition and execution, maintenance processes, reliability centered maintenance, turnaround management, etc.
- Demonstrated strong business insight, impressive career development, and a track record of outstanding performance
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required
- Passion for delivering client impact through leveraging and building on deep expertise in your area
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in either Bangkok, Jakarta or Kuala Lumpur as part of Petroleum Asset Excellence (PAX), a new venture within our Oil & Gas practice.
PAX will increase Upstream and Downstream asset value and turnaround operational performance. Our technical expertise, combined with specialized skills such as Linear Programming, Process Engineering and Maintenance & Reliability Engineering, allows us to integrate with an existing asset team to maximise the intrinsic value of an asset.
As part of this expansion we are looking for talented Specialists (Associates & Managers) with technical Downstream (Refining and Petrochemicals) expertise to join the PAX team.
What You'll Do
You will deliver significant impact by applying your industry experience to support clients directly, or by providing expertise and support to our client teams.
As a member of the PAX family, and a fully integrated part of the wider McKinsey, your specific contributions will vary depending on your skills and experience, but could include client engagement work, client development work, and knowledge building and sharing.
You will work as a team member for specific client (Oil & Gas) operations, transformation and improvement programs with direct contact to key members of client organization. You will need to provide analytical support to teams, through the development and application of our proprietary Oil & Gas models. You will also be working closely with client executives, traditional McKinsey client service teams ("CSTs"), and sector teams to develop recommendations based on the findings
You will participate in client development for both current and new clients (e.g., meetings/workshops on topics of interest) and write proposals for new client engagements
You will participate in or lead key internal knowledge-building initiatives and contribute to practice conferences and workshops.
Back to top