New Ventures Technology Operations - Senior DevOps Engineer - Europe - Prague / Budapest
- 5+ years of experience in the field of IT and Linux engineering with good mix of below technologies (not all are mandatory)
- 2+ years of experience with AWS or similar cloud offerings
- 2+ years of experience working in DevOps type environments and using tools like Jenkins, Circle Ci, Terraform, Packer, Git
- Experience with scripting i.e. Bash, Python, Perl and/or automation skills i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar
- Experience with Docker container platforms (Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm) and CoreOS
- Able to work well in highly entrepreneurial environment within a small team of engineers
- Expertise in designing medium-large high availability and scalable system architectures in GNU/Linux environment
- Hands-on experience with IaaS, CaaS architectures comprising Linux containerization database and distributed computation platforms
- Good knowledge of technologies like TCP, HTTP, SSL, load balancing, SMTP
- Outstanding communication skills in English
- Client focused attitude
- Agility, continuous learning and ability to work independently
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our TechOps hosting team in Prague or Budapest. TechOps is part of New Ventures Technology Operations and McKinsey's New Ventures. Technology Operations Hosting Architecture and Management provides hosting management services in Cloud and in Datacenter.
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that advises the world's leading businesses, governments and institutions. With more than 95 offices in over 50 countries, we have a truly global reach and serve more than eight in ten of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies.
New Ventures Technology Operations is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
What You'll Do
You'll work within the New Ventures Technology Operations TechOps engineering team to design, implement, optimize, and maintain its SaaS offering as well as develop and implement other IT systems and processes that support SaaS applications.
Together with your team you'll be responsible for the automation of provisioning, quality control, security audits and maintenance. You'll be busy with the administration and support of New Ventures Technology Operations' cloud based infrastructure. You'll have your impact in optimizing our internal resources, improvement of operational activities. You'll develop and implement administration and reporting tools.
As DevOps Engineer you will play a key team role in troubleshooting and automating our environment, building resilient systems, and creating repeatable processes. Being smart is a given, what we are really looking for is a highly driven, solutions oriented technical pro that has the ability to see problems before they happen, can communicate at all levels, and who knows how to figure it out.
It is an exciting opportunity to work and learn new technologies and help the team to achieve our goal of continuous delivery and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a highly technical, hands-on role supporting our corporate infrastructure.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top