New Ventures - Fast Growth Tech - SaaS Market Development Lead
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- Experience scoping and managing strategic consulting engagements at McKinsey or in another top-tier consulting environment; preference for prior experience with companies based on the East Coast of North America
- 7-10 years of experience; ideally 4+ years of experience in strategic consulting including scoping and managing engagements and 3+ years of experience in a leadership capacityas an entrepreneur in a startup where you will have helped achieve a successful exit via IPO or M&A
- Experience as a pioneering member of an early stage start-up, in the business development function of a large company which works extensively with start-ups, or as part of a venture capital firm specifically focused on SaaS
- Demonstrated ability to turn first conversations into thought partnerships and eventual project work
- Ability to be stand-alone in senior client settings
- Clear oral and written communication skills to present complex value propositions to client senior executives
- Proven passion for helping to grow a new business
- Strong commercial mindset
- Exceptional project management skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work autonomously
- Willingness to spend significant time with startups in a major innovation hub
Who You'll Work With
You'll advise pre-IPO companies working in our Fast Growth Tech (FGT) team in one of our East Coast Offices (e.g. Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Atlanta). Fast Growth Tech is one of the fastest growing service lines globally within McKinsey New Ventures.
This practice is a new firm-sponsored initiative targeted to helping pre-IPO startups (VC or growth PE backed) achieve success. To-date we have served more than 100 startup companies on topics like pricing, sales effectiveness, product value propositions, market segmentation and customer churn. We are growing rapidly and are looking for people who are passionate about Fast Growth and interested in start-ups to join us.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
What You'll Do
You will build relationships with SaaS players, maintain and constantly improve a market map of companies, CEOs and investors in the SaaS space.
You will identify project opportunities and work with McKinsey Fast Growth Practice team experts to define project scope and negotiate fee arrangements. You'll be involved in ongoing client work in order to strengthen existing relationships and serve as an expert counselor to the teams.
Additionally, you'll help spread our message, by developing a regional/vertical marketing plan that includes the establishment of relationships at relevant media outlets and attendance at top industry events, serving as expert on major company news. You'll keep us current, by providing leadership and insights into the range of services required for our relevance over time, and suggest approaches to develop and implement them.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top