Model Risk Consultant, Risk Dynamics
- Master degree or higher in business, finance, economics, engineering, statistics, mathematics, physics or actuarial sciences
- Any additional degree in a relevant field will be considered as a strong asset
- High proficiency in the English language, both spoken and written; additional languages are relevant and welcome
- Hands-on experience in risk management, quantitative modelling, and/or auditing applied to the Financial Services field acquired through an internship, project, or previous employment
- A demonstrated understanding of financial mathematical techniques, risk measures, statistics, applied mathematics, and/or finance with practical experience in using MATLAB/C++/R/VBA
- A strong interest in development and/or validation processes of banking or insurance risk models
- Capacity to build constructive relationships both with colleagues and clients, based on a positive attitude and team spirit
- Cultivating awareness of own limitations, being able to recognize them through feedback and to engage them through a learning process
- Capacity to exercise critical thinking, to develop an opinion and support it with persuasive arguments based on available evidence
- Eagerness to expand general knowledge and culture (especially financial and economic culture) and to share it with others
- Capability to formulate information in a way that will maximize receptiveness and understanding of clients and colleagues
- Adaptable to rapidly changing timelines and objectives dependent on client requests and managing time appropriately; able to work under pressure with tight deadlines while maintaining quality of outputs
- Readiness to travel anywhere, occasionally on short notice and with minimal preparation time
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Waltham, MA as part of Risk Dynamics and you'll primarily be focused on projects in North America.
On February 1, 2016, Risk Dynamics was acquired by McKinsey & Company. This acquisition reflects our joint commitment to be a global leader in model risk management, model validation and model advisory support for the Financial Services sector. Risk Dynamics is a specialized consulting firm conducting in depth assessment of all risk-related measures used in the Financial Industry for banks, insurance firms, asset managers and infrastructure players. These assessments require rigorous understanding of underlying modeling techniques as well as of the business context in which those models are being used. We are therefore looking for candidates who can establish connections between sophisticated modeling techniques and strategic decision-making processes. We have a global client base and you will be exposed to a highly international environment.
Risk Dynamics' model validation and model risk advisory work spans multiple risk types, markets, operating challenges, and modelling techniques. When delivering a project, we strive to advance our client's understanding of both well-established and emerging risk management techniques.
What You'll Do
You will analyze client-specific needs and generate accurate, effective, and pragmatic recommendations. Your work is supported by Risk Dynamics' proprietary approaches as well as by new approaches developed in collaboration with our partners in the academic community.
In this role, you'll autonomously define a work plan and anticipate potential obstacles, you'll understand and take into account client expectations and constraints, and you'll produce and present deliverables of high quality. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to business development initiatives (roundtables, events, conferences, client meetings), to contribute to the drafting of client proposals, and to the development of internal methodologies, approaches, and frameworks.
Risk Dynamics serves clients globally from our main office in Brussels and additional offices in London and Waltham (Boston area). Typical work on projects is carried out in-house with travel to client sites for meetings and presentations. This allows project teams to benefit directly from in-house knowledge and support when needed. Occasionally, and upon a client's request, work on projects is carried out at the client site.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top