- 3 - 5 years of professional experience in the mining industry, with a focus on strategy, mine planning or mine operations
- Excellent academic qualifications in geology (mineralogy, exploration geology, or deposit geology – specifically metal or coal) or a related field, and preferably hold a second degree (e.g., PhD or MBA)
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills.
- Highly driven and creative and work well both on your own and in a team environment
- Self-assured, personable, and flexible to travel globally (about 30-50%)
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Perth office as part of the Basic Materials practice.
The Basic Materials Practice is organized globally with a focus on basic materials clients along our service lines of Steel, Base Metals, Mining, and Paper & Forest Products. Within the Practice, Mining is the largest service line with core locations all around the world.
McKinsey & Company has set the standards of excellence in top management consulting for more than 80 years. We advise decision makers in leading companies, the public sector, non-profit organizations, and innovative, fast-growing start-ups around the globe.
What You'll Do
You will offer clients support in facing current challenges such as developing a strategic direction, improving offerings or expanding regional fields of activity.
You'll have unique opportunities to apply your knowledge with the aim of making an impact and creating something new. You will cooperate with international teams of colleagues and clients in the mining industry to develop innovative solutions to the challenges facing upper management today. This work will continually challenge you beyond the boundaries of your field of expertise. Your ideas, your knowledge in the field of mining, and your experience will play a central role in your success. You will help clients compete successfully while helping us continuously redefine our own firm. You can look forward to customized training programs to prepare you for your new role. We offer excellent individual starting conditions in accordance with your level of experience, alongside outstanding career opportunities.
The focus of the work will be on serving our mining clients across Australia and Asia. However, global travel will be required.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top