McKinsey New Ventures Product Manager - Sales DNA - Fast Growth Tech
- Bachelor's degree; MBA or other graduate degree is a plus
- 7-8+ years of experience including 3-5 years + experience with start-up software (consumer or enterprise) as a product manager using an agile approach to software development
- Experience as a product leader in a SaaS company focused on recruiting candidate assessment and/or ongoing assessment and training of employees
- Entrepreneurial spirit, comfort with ambiguity, and a desire to work in a start-up type environment
- Experience targeting employees working in a technology sales function as well as for familiarity with Sales, Sales Ops, Customer Success functions including metrics and execution is a plus
- Experience leading a product from concept development through launch, including pricing strategy, competitive evaluation, road-mapping, specification, and on-going customer engagement.
- Experience with user-centered design methodology including user personas and user testing, prototyping, and A/B testing
- Ability to drive projects effectively in a cross-functional environment, including an ability to motivate and focus people and resources where there is no direct reporting relationship
- Ability to work closely with geographically dispersed, multi-lingual team members and with internal and external clients
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to travel ~20-30%
Who You'll Work With
You will work with our Fast Growth Tech Practice in our San Francisco office.
McKinsey's Fast Growth Tech Practice is creating and delivering impact for start-ups and their VC and PE Growth investors. We serve start-ups across a wide range of segments – everything from B2C to B2B to biotech – on topics from pricing and sales effectiveness to new market entry. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping start-ups succeed by both bringing the best of what McKinsey has to offer to make these companies successful and building new innovative solutions.
The Fast Growth Tech Solutions team is responsible for delivering innovative solutions that McKinsey can provide to start-up companies and investors leveraging technology, big data, and analytics. These solutions will be used to diagnose issues, identify solutions, deliver impactful results, and develop new insights and knowledge for startups and their investors.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will own and drive product strategy, definition, development, delivery, and operations for our suite of products targeted at improving the performance of our clients' sales organizations.
You will leverage your background to hit the ground running. You will immediately plug into our existing product, FGT Sales DNA, which helps startups understand what characteristics make up a high-performing sales rep for their company. You will drive related applications such as our interview assessment solution and sales training and look at extensions into adjacencies (e.g., customer success rep assessment).
You will be responsible for leading the ideation and product strategy based on opportunity assessments, competitive intelligence, technology trends, user testing, and client feedback. You will develop product road maps, balancing impact with resourcing and prioritizing appropriately among products and features and be involved in assessing technology partnerships (e.g., 3rd party software upon which a solution may be built) and evaluating build vs. partner vs. buy as we consider new applications. You will collaborate with product development teams by writing functional requirements, working with cross-functional teams, setting development timelines, and ensuring appropriate quality and testing. You will provide guidance for pricing and overall revenue plans for the products based on competitive assessments, cost structures, and potential demand scenarios.
In addition, you will help develop a launch plan and an on-going marketing plan to create demand and sustained usage of the products. You will be responsible for advocating for FGT Sales Solutions internally and externally, communicating effectively with management and clients about the value of the products.
You will lead customer success for solutions including responding to inbound inquiries. You will onboard clients and work with them to help them get the most out of these solutions. You will train and support our market development leads to be able to both engage potential clients on the solutions and specific implications for their use.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top