McKinsey New Ventures - Healthcare Analytics & Delivery - Manager - NA
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Business, Health Policy, Public Health, Economics, Mathematics and/or Statistics) Advanced degree preferred
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Experience in leading high performing teams in a fast paced environment
- Experience working effectively with internal and/or external clients
- Experience with and appetite for analytically intensive work, ideally in health care sector. Experience working with claims, encounter, clinical / EHR data a plus
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry including, ideally, knowledge of topics pertaining to: value based payment; population health; behavioral health; provider contracting; provider pricing; revenue cycle management
- Understanding of statistical and advanced analytic methods (descriptive statistics, predictive analytics, machine learning)
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Healthcare Analytics and Delivery (HA&D) team based in several offices globally. Healthcare Analytics and Delivery is part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
The HA&D team was created to apply big data and advanced analytic methods to address some of the most pressing challenges in healthcare. These include questions such as:
How to improve access to high quality care while also slowing the growth in health care costs
How to better identify and care for the most vulnerable and highest need patients
Where targeted interventions can be applied to improve the efficiency of the system
How to remain competitive in a rapidly evolving and increasingly uncertain healthcare landscape
Our capabilities are foundational to multiple high profile initiatives, including organization- and system-wide transformation programs for both payers and providers. The HA&D team includes over than 200 colleagues globally, and is comprised of a unique mix of healthcare experts, clinicians, statisticians, engineers, data scientists, and others with distinctive expertise.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
What You'll Do
The HA&D team operates as a specialized arm of McKinsey's Healthcare Systems and Services practice. As a member of this team you would work both to support client development and client engagements, as well as the development and deployment of specialized capabilities. More specifically, you will:
Lead projects across multiple teams and functional areas to develop and deliver new capability and assets
Lead multi-disciplinary teams including other analytics experts, data scientists, and technical experts to support client engagements
Manage analytics-intensive client engagements
Identify and communicate insights and implications to clients, and develop business recommendations.
Develop, refine, and disseminate specialized expertise through client work, internal knowledge development efforts, and external reach and relevant activities
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top