Marketing Category Expert - Purchasing & Supply Management
- Bachelor Degree (MBA preferred)
- 3-5 years of Media agency experience including TV, Radio, Print, OOH, digital, and preferably as a media director
- 1-2 years of experience as a media buyer on the client side
- Media planning and buying expertise across all forms of media including paid, earned and owned
- Communications planning experience desired
- Knowledge of media mix modeling (as a business user)
- Experience negotiating agency contracts, building scopes and staffing plans
- Procurement relationship management skills
- Agency review experience (RFP building)
- Digital platform exposure (programmatic buying, trading desks)
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office suite
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in Waltham. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
What You'll Do
You will work closely with client-deployed teams to ensure maximum client impact, develop the most up-to-date and relevant cross-functional marketing material.
In this role, you will also support the development of a new partnership with McKinsey's Marketing practice. This is a senior level position within the practice infrastructure whose responsibilities fall into three core areas: Client Service Team (CST) & Client Support (55%); knowledge development and management (45%); Practice support (5%).
In the CST capacity, you will use your expertise to assist leadership teams in both the preparation and presenting of letters of proposal to our clients that include the specific expertise as a selling point. Your time will be split between 2-3 clients managing category sourcing waves. This will include: reviewing spend analyses as well as analyzing opportunities with proper metrics (e.g. LPP). You will be responsible for the preparation, distribution, and analysis of requests for proposals (RFP's) in addition to client support calls and occasional site visits.
You will also be responsible for driving the development and execution of knowledge in marketing on behalf of our clients. You will capture relevant client information to build cases and reference material, perform ongoing research and reporting as warranted. Your goal is to build diagnostic tools, databases, and other information sources and maintain category fact packs for teams to reference. Ultimately, you will extend expertise beyond internal knowledge to include a thorough understanding of external knowledge, as well as the implications of new developments and emerging trends in that arena.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top