Marketing Analytics & Effectiveness Specialist
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, applied mathematics, econometrics, economics, operations research, or marketing science
- 6+ years of experience
- Strong leadership and people skills with the ability to manage complex relationships and lead high performing teams
- Effective communication skills with the ability to engage and influence senior business leaders, including C-level executives both internally and at client organizations
- Strong consulting skills in terms of issue identification, problem identification, solution development, preferably at a leadership level
- Client delivery and client management experience ideally within a consulting, professional services, Marketing & Sales or technology organization
- Proven track record of developing new client relationships and generating business development opportunities
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple assignments in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced environment
- Comfortable analyzing and understanding large databases and data sets
- Strong Excel analytical and data management skills, knowledge of analytical packages such as SAS and/or R
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility, and patience in a fluid environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel to client sites
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with the New Ventures Marketing Team in either our New Jersey or Chicago office.
The McKinsey Marketing Navigator is a new software solution developed with the client's Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) in mind. It is focused on optimizing marketing investment from strategic to tactical levels, always with the decision maker in mind. Marketing Navigator is a rapidly growing solution in constant evolution. Analytics is the basis behind the decisions in the Marketing Navigator solution and we combine best in class econometrics and heuristics techniques to derive insights, as well as supporting clients with specific analyses when relevant.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be in charge of project scoping and data collection, building models and running the necessary analytics to support the software and additional insight.
You will leverage the best of Marketing Solutions to deliver and embed the best capabilities to clients. You will coordinate with client and consulting teams on priorities, timelines and deliverable and support further development of the Marketing Solutions suite.
You work directly with clients, McKinsey client service teams and the Marketing Solutions team on a project-by-project basis to conduct hands-on rigorous quantitative analysis, leveraging primarily Marketing Solutions and relevant data management/statistics analysis software/tools. You will advise McKinsey client service teams on analytical options to address their specific needs, including discussing potential approaches to problems, associated costs/trade-offs, and recommendations.
You will translate input from quantitative analyses into specific and actionable business recommendations and support the Marketing Solutions team in client development efforts with ad hoc analysis, problem solving on best analytical approach and demonstrations based on client work
You will develop and maintain standard analytical models and analytical approaches that can be re-used across clients, as well as analysis cases/demos environments highlighting specific use cases. You will develop and codify industry-level insights/knowledge and identify new areas of application/use cases. Your success will be measured in the ability to deliver analysis and business changing insights to clients, as well as their ability to turn "one off" models into repeatable and more standard analytical approaches and models.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top