Market Development Leader
- Experience scoping and managing strategic consulting engagements at McKinsey and Company or another top-tier consulting environment
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working within an entrepreneurial environment, ideally as a leader of an innovative startup, or as part of a venture capital firm.
- Demonstrated ability to turn first conversations into thought partnerships and eventual project work
- Ability to be "stand-alone" in senior client settings. Clear oral and written communication skills to present complex value propositions to client senior executives
- Proven passion for helping to grow a new business
- Exceptional project management skills
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Willingness to spend significant time with startups in a major innovation hub
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Beijing/Shanghai office as part of our Asia Fast Growth Tech team. Fast Growth Tech is part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
McKinsey Fast Growth Tech is a new Firm-sponsored initiative targeted to helping startups (VC or growth PE backed) scale quickly and achieve success. To-date we have served more than 100 startup companies on topics like strategy, pricing, sales effectiveness, product value propositions, customer churn and exit support. We are growing rapidly and are looking for people who are passionate about Fast Growth Tech and interested in start-ups to come and join us.
What You'll Do
As the Market Development Lead for Fast Growth Tech in China, you will build, maintain, and constantly improve a market map of companies, CEOs and investors, while at the same time building relationships with these players.
You will identify project opportunities and work with McKinsey Fast Growth Tech team experts to define project scope. You'll be involved in ongoing client work in order to strengthen existing relationships and serve as an expert counselor to the teams. You'll help spread our message, by developing a regional/vertical marketing plan that includes the establishment of relationships at relevant media outlets and attendance at top industry events, serving as expert on major company news. You'll keep us current, by providing insights into the range of services required for our relevance over time, and suggest approaches to develop and implement them (and where relevant, lead the development). You will also work on client engagements, together with other people from the firm.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top