Manager - Public Sector Delivery Hub
- 5 – 15 years of work experience in the public or health sector
- MBA or other graduate level degree from a top institution preferred
- Proven record of leading reform programs that delivered clear, measurable outcomes
- Experience in coaching and leading teams
- Outstanding policy and analytical skills, with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations and/or exceptional experience in major service delivery roles
- Experience in managing key transformation factors (complex stakeholder engagement, performance management systems, mindsets and behavious)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Who You'll Work With
You will work with our Public Sector Delivery Hub in one of our Australian offices.
This is a rapidly growing part of McKinsey & Company, focused on solving Australia and New Zealand's biggest policy and delivery challenges with classic McKinsey problem-solving and public sector reform and implementation experience. You will solve complex policy and strategy problems and work with people across public sector organisations to build the capabilities, systems, and processes to deliver better service outcomes, and ensure results can be maintained longer term.
What You'll Do
You will work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes gathering and analysing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
You will engage at a deep level across our public sector and health organisation clients' operations, from policy and strategy to service transformation and implementation. You will work on projects that improve health and education outcomes, drive innovation and economic opportunity, and ensure public funds are spent efficiently and effectively.
You will partake in client development and workshops for new and current clients and write proposals for new client engagements. You'll also have the opportunity to participate in and lead internal knowledge building initiatives and contribute to conferences and workshops.
You will be expected to analyse data to identify opportunities and drive performance. Managers co-create performance targets and milestones with clients. You will set up and manage project management systems to track performance, and you'll also have the chance to strengthen your specific technical/sectorial expertise to offer specialist delivery support to clients with targeted needs.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top