Manager of Data Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related field
- 10+ years of experience in Data Architecture in a professional services environment is highly preferred
- Experience overseeing the data stream of multiple projects including client deployments, integration and migration efforts
- Expertise in handling large amounts of data through such capabilities as SQL Server, Postgres, Exasol, Alteryx and Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience working in cloud architecture including AWS or Azure environments
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Adept at communicating and managing key stakeholders and able to drive change in the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and provide continuous mentoring to junior members of the organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to work in fast-paced, start-up environment, with the ability to consistently deliver exceptional results on demanding timelines
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in New Jersey, Atlanta, Waltham or Chicago and will be a part of the Periscope team. Periscope is part of McKinsey Solutions and of McKinsey's New Ventures.
Founded in 2007, Periscope™ by McKinsey enables better commercial decisions by uncovering actionable insights. The Periscope platform combines world leading intellectual property, prescriptive analytics, and cloud based tools to provide more than 25 solutions focused on insights and marketing, with expert support and training. It is a unique combination that drives revenue growth both now and in the future. Customer experience, performance, pricing, category, and sales optimization are powered by the Periscope platform. Periscope has a presence in 26 locations across 16 countries with a team of 350+ IT and business professionals and a network of 300+ experts. To learn more about how Periscope's solutions and experts are helping businesses continually drive better performance, visit hthttp://www.periscope-solutions.com/
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You'll work closely with Marketing & Sales Ventures client service team and will play a key role in data architecture and delivery.
You'll lead a team of Data Engineers to determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients and evaluating current systems. You'll develop database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications. You will install database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation and documents actions.
Additionally, you'll maintain database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance and answering questions. You will provide database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top