Machine Learning Engineer - QuantumBlack
- Experience as a software engineer with a deep interest in Analytics and Data Science
- Ability to engineer beautiful code and work on varied data science projects across multiple industries
- Proven knowledge of object-oriented programming e.g. Scala, Java, C++ etc.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language e.g. Python, Perl, R etc.
- Deep knowledge of testing frameworks and libraries
- Good knowledge of database management languages e.g. SQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of statistics, machine learning and data analytics techniques
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce is desirable but not essential
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Cambridge, Boston and will join QuantumBlack, a highly collaborative team of exceptionally talented Data Scientists, Data Architects, and Machine Learning Engineers.
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know- how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
What You'll Do
You´ll work closely with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to create analytical variables, metrics and models.
You´ll work with Data Scientists to solve difficult engineering and machine learning problems and produce high-quality code. You´ll choose and use the right analytical libraries, programming languages and frameworks for each task, while developing your abilities and understanding of data science methodologies and approaches. You´ll contribute to coding and engineering practices across QuantumBlack and our projects. You´ll refactor code into reausable libraries, APIs and tools.
Back to top