Machine Learning Engineer
- Deep and passionate knowledge of software engineering principles and practices
- Advanced Scala and Spark knowledge with either Python and/or R
- Highly proficient with testing frameworks and libraries
- Knowledge and interest in Big Data technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop/Hive, Kafka, Cloud, SQL, NoSQL
- Experience of Data Science or advanced analytics and mathematical programming
- Commercial project experience with a record of working in data science, with big data technology and mathematics
Who You'll Work With
Based in Melbourne Sydney or Perth as part of McKinsey & Company and QuantumBlack, you'll join a highly collaborative team of exceptionally talented Data Scientists, Data Architects, and Engineers.
QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know- how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
What You'll Do
You will leverage your software engineering skills and knowledge of Analytics and Data Science to engineer beautiful code in Scala, Spark, Python and/or R.
Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills. You will be exposed to an enormous variety of topics across many different industries such as a world-leading bank figuring out how to best do its customer care across all of its channels, a railway determining optimal crew deployment, or a medical care provider understanding the main drivers for delays in surgery scheduling.
In this role, you will be the point person for putting Data Scientists theoretical algorithms and frameworks into production-quality and operational code.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top