Learning Specialist or Manager - Digital
- Passion for learning
- Familiarity with core digital concepts/approaches
- Ability to deliver breadth of topics as trainer/faculty
- Familiarity of how to work within a global team across cultures and regions
- Superb people leadership and project management skills, including the ability to direct multiple simultaneous initiatives and lead/motivate colleagues in the absence of formal reporting relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in delivering training modules
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills
- High energy, positive attitude, and a penchant for action; strong sense of entrepreneurship
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- Managerial skills to ensure well-organized and effective program delivery
- Strong client service orientation
Who You'll Work With
You'll be part of our Digital Labs team and will be based in one of our North America or Europe offices.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities—drawing from our Business Technology Office, McKinsey Digital Labs, and our digital functions and combining them in one cohesive organization. Digital McKinsey not only advises but also builds, operates, and transfers capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
Digital Labs combine user-centered design with unparalleled business knowledge and world-class agile development skills to deliver impactful digital experiences. Our highly skilled UX designers, digital engagement managers, and agile developers deliver service concepts, experiential prototypes, and production-ready apps to transform our clients' businesses.
Despite being part of a large, multinational organization, Digital Labs operates more like a small start-up company. Our lean, flexible teams employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our clients with the solutions they need.
What You'll Do
You will play a key role in the development and delivery of learning journeys and programs on a global scale.
You will be responsible for a rich portfolio of learning programs that support the growth of professionals across tenures, roles, and geographies. This includes self-paced eLearning modules, instructor-led distance learning sessions (e.g., Webex), in-person classroom programs, and reference tools for just-in-time learning about specific resources or processes. You will be responsible for making changes to programs as appropriate and frequently acting as faculty.
In addition to working with the global Digital McKinsey and firm Learning teams, you will also closely work with Digital Labs people leadership, service line leaders, and geographic leaders to define and advance the learning priorities of Digital Labs. You will serve as an advisor on digital learning-related topics to various stakeholders within and outside of Digital Labs, and work in concert with colleagues across the firm who are focused on functional learning, on-boarding, and professional development.
As the curriculum evolves and the team grows, so will the priorities. As such, you must establish yourself as an indispensable member of the team, whose judgments, oversight, and insights into learning matters are greatly valued by leadership and contribute to the overall success of Digital Labs.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top