Learning Manager, New Ventures
- University degree; Advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of experience in product management, engineering, talent management, capability building, or learning and development
- Consulting experience and/or experience from a leading technology company
- Experience building a technology learning function and creating a technical learning agenda and portfolio. Relationships with learning vendors and deep understanding of the "build vs buy" decision when creating new learning programs.
- Experience with state-of-the-art adult learning/instructional design, digital learning innovations; classroom facilitation experience a plus
- Passion for learning, leadership and talent development
- Excellent problem-solving (particularly scoping, structuring, work plan execution, and synthesis), communications, project management, and people leadership skills
- Maturity, confidence, and client relationship skills—in particular, experience acting as a thought partner to senior colleagues leading specific initiatives
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our New York office with the New Ventures learning team. You will partner closely with the global head of technology talent and senior manager of operations, firm learning design and delivery teams, the leaders of product and technology in New Ventures, and leaders of individual product lines.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will shape the learning and define and assess the overall impact of the agenda for our product, technology and engineering colleagues who are part of New Ventures.
You will lead the strategy and execution of learning in highly technical subject areas, and translate learning needs into a cohesive journey. Together with the New Ventures learning team and broader firm learning colleagues, you will design, curate, and deliver a rich portfolio of learning offerings. This includes in-person programs, self-paced digital learning assets, distance learning sessions and reference tools for just-in-time learning about specific processes or subjects. You will also craft and lead the change management required for effective implementation.
You will also manage our internal grant program for conference and external learning attendance, curating our list of recommended programs and ensuring our technology colleagues can stay on the cutting edge.
Back to top