Lead Recruiting Specialist
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-10 years of recruiting experience (experience in professional or shared services considered a plus)
- Strong experience in talent sourcing and assessment methodologies
- Experience in employer branding or campus recruiting activities
- Excellent stakeholder management & communication skills paired with the ability to tailor approach according to the audience and context
- Strong sense of ownership to effectively work on tasks, push them forward and drive for results
- Professional work ethic and the ability to treat sensitive matters with confidentiality
- Ability to structure and prioritize own tasks and to stay focused under pressure
- Strong team player, willing to share knowledge and experience and ready to give and receive feedback
- Optimistic and value-driven mindset, passion and confidence to work with people and willing to give business requirements priority
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Tampa Service Center (TSC) located in St. Petersburg, Florida as part of our Recruiting team. You will closely collaborate with team members as well as effectively partner with our hiring managers and other internal stakeholders to attract, assess and hire the best possible talent.
The TSC opened in May 2010 to provide Executive Assistant support to North America as well as HR support and has expanded to become a hub for North American Finance. It's home to over 500+ colleagues within practice administration, recruiting, analytics, design, learning, benefits and other roles.
What You'll Do
AsRecruiting Specialist, you will closely collaborate with team members as well as effectively partner with our hiring managers and other internal stakeholders to attract, assess and hire the best possible talent. In addition, you'll work closely with the Americas Head of Recruiting as deputy and will be responsible for leadership participation in project management, reporting, driving client engagement and serving as a team mentor/coach.
Partnering with a Sourcing Recruiter and Recruiting Coordinator, you will recruiting operations for our Firm Functions roles across the US. You will drive the recruitment strategy by understanding the job requirements, write and post job ads, promote employee referral activities, participate in recruiting campaigns and interact with recruiting agencies for specific roles. You will partner with the Sourcing Recruiter to drive candidate attraction strategies and build future pipelines. You will be individually responsible for the screening and assessment of candidates, e.g., conduct phone and f2f interviews, assessment centers, moderate candidate and faculty sessions.
You will be the subject matter expert on assessments across all hiring processes (eg; utilization and interpretation of psychometrics), and you will support, coach and mentor the team to ensure highly effective strategies are being utilized across all projects.
You will help drive employer branding efforts (e.g., manage social media presence, update career website, monitor current trends and help create innovative actions), as well as prepare, conduct and document regular Quality of Hire reviews with service line leadership, and help identify continuous improvement opportunities.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top