Lead Platform Engineer - Big Data
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related discipline
- 6-10 years of experience in the field of business intelligence, application development, database development and ETL and/or data analysis domains with strong Hadoop, Hive and/or Spark knowledge
- Extensive coding and application development abilities
- Experience in real time scalability and highly available solutions
- 2+ years' experience in Amazon Web Services cloud technologies such as EC2 , Cloud HSM, KMS, Route 53, SES, Inspector, SNS, S3, Elastic Load Balancing, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Trusted Advisor, Security Group Management
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, PowerShell or Python
- Proficient in Linux (CentOS / Redhat & Ubuntu)
- Proficient with Ansible
- Familiar with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence solutions
- Familiar working with Agile operations
- Ability to translate business requirements to functionality, with estimates and implementation plans
- Experience in the healthcare industry either payor or provider focused is a plus
- Able to travel 20% for working sessions and meetings
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with the McKinsey Healthcare Analytics team in New York. Healthcare Analytics is a part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for taking ownership of a Healthcare Analytics & Delivery platform component. You will also drive the process of defining technical requirements by engaging with business colleagues (product & delivery) and challenging business requirements for applications and services. You will develop technical solutions/processes using the Hadoop and AWS infrastructure and will identify opportunities to improve the platform and apply new technology to automate and standardize the work of our business domains.
You will be expected to develop and maintain Ansible scripts for data lake deployment and management in cloud environments. Leveraging AWS technologies on a daily basis, you will achieve efficient, highly available, scalable cloud environments. You are responsible for data governance using Apache Ranger.
You will develop knowledge and expertise in specific areas of the HA&D platform and will help to organize the work of junior colleagues during the development of complex products, and mentor them on development best practices.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top