Lead Developer / Software Architect (Node.js), New Ventures
- 4+ years of professional experience as a developer with back-end focus, familiar with latest technologies, (strong knowledge on Node.js).
- 1+ years of experience as a lead developer in an agile scrum team, experience overseeing a team.
- Extensive experience in developing backend solutions and well-defined REST APIs
- Excited about building new b2b SaaS services by applying latest best-practices and tools, such as CI, CD, Git, Agile development, micro-services etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Constructive and valued member of agile product teams, working well in a cross-functional setting
- Experience in hiring and mentoring developers.
- Strong communication and soft skills, able to motivate, mentor and help fellow developers as well as communicate complex ideas effectively
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS), containerisation (Docker) and modern architecture patterns (microservices, reactive architectures) would be a big plus
- Genuinely someone we can hang out with - We have a great team with many different types of people, from all different backgrounds. We spend a lot of time together working and playing. Those two aren't mutually exclusive. This bond is important to us because it is the essence of our culture.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in Wroclaw and will be part of our global Energy Insights Software Solutions Team. Energy Insights is part of McKinsey New Ventures.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
The Energy Insights Software Solutions team – the team you will be part of - is building powerful analytics tools for our specialists as well as our clients to leverage. We have already built two SaaS products on Node.js and React, and hosted on AWS, however the largest part of our team are experts building the modelling logic in C# .NET. We are now looking to grow a web development team that can build new solutions as well as iterate on existing ones.
What You'll Do
You will join a Scrum team working in a start-up environment, building new software as a service solutions, using latest technologies such as Node.js, React, html5, and enjoy seeing the direct impact from your work.
You will work alongside with very senior Node and React developers (10+ years) which gives you an unparalleled learning opportunity.
You will build new solutions as well as help bring existing solutions to product-market-fit and scale. You will architect web applications that are modular, stable, secure, and scalable. You will apply and champion latest best-practices and tools, such as CI, CD, Git, Agile development, micro-services etc.
You will hire, grow, and lead a team of web developers which is set to grow sizeably over the coming years.
Back to top